Installing Whatsapp on Nokia Asha 200 and other Java phones is very simple. Just follow the steps I am going to give below and do it. I have installed it on Asha 200, 205 and other Java phones for more than 20 people now. Even if you don’t have these phones, help your friend or neighbour so that we can all be connected online. Do theses steps:
* Make sure you move items from your phone memory to memory card so that you have at least 3 mb empty space.
* Have N100 in the phone OR 5mb for browsing and at least N10 because Whatsapp will send a text message to confirm your number during installation.
* If you have 2 SIM phone, Remove the other SIM that you will not use, after the installation, you can put it back.
3. Copy the 2 downloaded files to anywhere in your memory card using USB cord from a ***. Or you can download it on a friend’s phone then send it through blue tooth to your phone.
4. Go to your memory card where you have the two files, (some times they will merge and become one) copy them to Application or Games folder in phone memory.
5. Now DO NOT OPEN ANY OF THE FILES FOR NOW !!! Go to where you kept the first files and delete them.
6. Press the button that brings up OPTIONS, it is the first key by your left on Nokia Asha. See pic below, Press the button covered by the red circle
9. You will now see the Whatsapp page come up, then you will see something like UPDATING NOTIFICATIONS ENABLER, just be patient and allow it.
10. You will now see a Whatsapp screen asking you whether you want to continue, PRESS YES and you will now be taken to another page to input your Phone number.
11. You will See 234 just put your phone number in the box without the first zero e.g my number is 08148981162, so i will put it like this 8148981162. It will now start connecting and ask you that it wants to SEND VERIFICATION SMS to your number, Accept it
12. It will now ask you for NAME that people will be seeing when you are in Whatsapp. Put any name of your choice. then click Next/Continue
13. You will see something like YOU HAVE 12 MONTHS OF SERVICE, Press NEXT.
14. Whatsapp will begin setting up your favourites. Just WAIT, you will see a blue bar loading just wait. The whatsapp HOME SCREEN will now appear. That is all.
15. You can now begin using whatsapp. All your phone contacts that are on whatsapp will automatically show. That’s all.